Saturday, May 9, 2009
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Exercise 1: Add a bulleted list
- You'll work on the first tab in Word, the Home tab, since that's where the most common tasks are done.
The Home tab should be highlighted . If it isn't, click it.
- First you'll create a bulleted list. Select the three paragraphs near the top of the document that have bold headings: "Customers," "Instrument or type of instrument," and "Type of music segments." Using the mouse, drag over the text until all three paragraphs are selected.
- In the Paragraph group (group names are at the bottom of the Ribbon), click Bullets .
The paragraphs you selected are turned into a bulleted list.
Tip You can see how a different style of bullet would look in the list by clicking the arrow beside Bullets while the bulleted list is still selected. As you move the mouse pointer over the bullet styles in the drop-down list, the style in the document will change. To change the list style, click one of the bullets in the list.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Evaluation of MLA Virtual Conference
- Did we reach our target audience?
Target audience is soft techies (23 Things graduates) - Evaluate by cross-checking 23 Things completers in each region/system with virtual conference registrations.
- Was the content appropriate to the target audience?
Include the question, "The programs offered are relevant to my work in libraries and will improve my skills on the job." Scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being Strongly Disagree and 5 being Strongly Agree.
- Were 8 programs scheduled, advertised, and conducted?
- The presenters' experience.
Survey presenters. Potential questions using the above 1-5 scale:
- The presenter orientation adequately prepared me to present a virtual conference program.
- The Learning Times representatives were responsive and helpful before, during, and after the program.
- I felt comfortable presenting in the virtual environment.
- Registrants participated in at least 75% of the conference offerings
Can Learning Times report back attendance of programs?
- Participants found the virtual conference experience worth repeating
Survey participants after the conference:
Please indicate your satisfaction with the online training environment/tools
I would recommend the virtual conference to a colleague.
- Each presentation should be evaluated individually:
Please rate how well the presenter:
- Demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the subject matter
- Achieved the stated objectives
- Provided adequate and timely answers to questions on the topic
The pace of this program was: too slow, just right, too fast
One exciting thing I learned today was:
Overall I'm satisfied with the quality and content of this conference session. It was worth my time.
What would have increased your satisfaction with this course?
Additional comments or suggestions